Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Blog Ideas from Terry

I received this wonderful note in our email yesterday, and I just wanted to share it, because the two people mentioned in it are two of my favorite people ever. This email is a wonderful compliment. Thanks Terry. You made my day.

"Hi Chuck and Judy,

I read Chuck's blog asking for ideas on what to write about. I've been sitting here knitting a blanket for Khian for Christmas and thinking about that. I don't know if this is the kind of thing you want, but I think you should write about "The Chuck S............. School of Management." You say you didn't know there was such a thing? Well, I've been known to tell people that I did some graduate work there.

One time someone came into the Service Center and asked me why Toby and I are the way we are. What that person meant was that we were able to listen to them, not get rattled (usually), laugh a lot, etc. You know, the way we are at work. I don't laugh as much as Toby, however. Out of my mouth came "We went to the Chuck S............... School of Management." It surprised Toby quite a bit the 1st time I said it, but he jumped right in and explained what I meant. It included allowing people to do the best job they can and knowing they will almost always exceed your expectations.

I think that may be a theme in your life, but I don't know all the philosophy involved in the "Chuck S............. School of Management." Remember when you used to take people their paychecks? One day I asked you why you didn't just put the checks in mailboxes and you told me it was a nice way to get to see everyone twice a month and they were always glad to see you. I used to deliver Christmas cards personally after that both at Valley and the Service Center."

1 comment:

sperlonga said...

Sounds like the Chuck S. we know too! Can't wait to see you!