Wednesday, April 8, 2009

20 inches away

Max and I went outside this morning for his morning constitutional when I noticed a humming bird just 20 inches away from me at the feeder. He was not a bit afraid and continued feeding until he went on his way. What a treat to see this tiny bird up so close. I am not sure but it may have been a Black-chinned Hummingbird female or immature adult. If so, it is the first of this type that I have seen.

Later Max and I went for a walk up to the office. There is a no pet policy in any building here, so I hooked Max up to a pole and went inside. When I came back out, Max had been able to turn over a can used to hold cigarettes butts, and there was sand everywhere. I cleaned up his mess, and we went back home. Puppy days are still here for sure. When we work, we put Animal Planet on the TV for Max to watch and then come by every couple of hours to give Max a potty or water break. So far this has worked well, although Max is not too fond of being in his crate so much. If he ever gets house-broken, he could stay in the motor home. Step by step here in Max's education, or is it mine? Happy travels.

No comments: