Sunday, April 5, 2009

Gibson's

Here in Kerrville we have a wonderful store, Gibson's. It seems to have things that you might need that other stores might not have. We have bought cowboy boots, kitchen things, batteries, string for window shades, tools, flowers, and many other things too numerous to list. The other day I decided that I needed shirts to wear to work. Penney's did not have any nor did Belk, but, Gibson's had all kinds. HW2 checked it all out after getting her hair cut and reported on her findings when she returned home.

Later on we went back to Gibson's and looked at all of the worker shirt options. We were waited on by a local person whose name began with an M, but I cannot remember the rest of his name. I forget names almost as fast as I supposedly learn them. M was a character and informed us that Wrangler shirts last the best and don't shrink as much, and he had fallen off a horse, hunted deer, and worked in stores like Gibson's and this type of shirt lasted for at least a year. It was not clear how often he might wash them, but he clearly was wearing Wrangler shirts. How could I resist such salesmanship? I bought three of various colors and sleeve lengths to try them out. I thanked M for his service, and we shook hands when I realized he did not have all of his fingers. I wondered whether he had lost them hunting deer or perhaps breaking and riding horses. The answer will have to wait for another encounter.

On the way out, he mentioned that Gibson's certainly had masks that were great to use if working in dusty conditions like mowing, especially since this area has experienced a drought for the last eighteen months. Gibson's has everything. When you visit Kerrville, be sure to stop at Gibson's and marvel at their varied inventory, as well as how full the store seems. You can then delightedly thread your way through the store and find that item you can't find any where else. Happy travels.

No comments: