Sunday, August 23, 2009

Brad Pitt and his movies

Yesterday we went to see, Inglorious Basterds, starring Brad Pitt. We have seen this actor in Mr. and Mrs. Smith, which we liked, and Troy, which I did not really care for. We have also seen him in the Oceans 11, 12 etc. The most recent movie was extremely violent, and I guess a spoof of the Nazi genera film. From my point of view, Brad played himself although he was supposed to be part Apache Indian with a Tennessee accent. At one point he tried to do an Italian accent, which was funny in a Tennessee kind of way.

Brad, like Robert Redford is no longer just another pretty face, which is a good thing. I do get tired of him playing Brad. I really like an actor who can so get you into the mood that you forget who they really are. Maybe this will happen to him someday.

I would not recommend this movie to anyone. Children certainly do not need to see gratuitous violence, which seems to happen throughout the film. Happy travels.

No comments: