Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Working continues along

We are in our four work day schedule, M - Th, and have survived two of the days so far. The office has been slow since the Labor Day holiday is not here yet, and most folks who are coming are already signed up. We generally have 2-4 arrivals daily and the same amount of departures each day. So, it is not too busy.

However, outside the work continues. We have pools to clean, counts of guests to do, garbage pick up, and then weed wacking, mowing, tree trimming, and any other projects that come up. Generally, I am quite tired most days and glad to see the end of it, with a good shower ahead. Today I took care of the pools and did some weed work and then mowed all afternoon. About 4pm Roy needed help mashing his tree trimmings in the garbage bins, so I went to get the tractor and used the shovel part to do just that. This was a new activity that I had seen others do but a first for me. Frequently, I get to learn something new, and I like that a lot. I mowed about a third of the camping sites today and have a few to finish tomorrow. The drought has stopped most of the grass from growing, so we may not need to do much more in this department.

Max stays in our AC cooled motor home and gets out when we have lunch or after work. He seems to take it all in stride and is really getting to be a good member of the family. He still plays with his toys and wants me to play with him. Right now he is tossing a ball and chasing it around. He only complains when it gets caught under our easy chairs.

Dear readers, send us some rain. Happy travels.

No comments: