Sunday, August 30, 2009

Orion - back overhead

Max and I get up rather early on most days. Today it was between 5:30 and 6:00 am. We go outside so he can attend to his business. In the summer it was light outside, but now as fall draws near, it is dark outside at this early hour. So while Max sniffs the entire area, I get to look at the stars and planets. I am happy to announce that Orion is overhead at this hour, as is Venus. I like looking at these old friends and wonder who else is looking at them as well.

Max finishes, and we return home for me to get coffee, read the paper, check banking, e-mails, and any strange news that pops up on the Internet. HW2 gets up somewhere during this quiet time.

I do wonder why the media gives so much attention to Senator Kennedy and pop star Michael Jackson. Neither deserves such attention. Sure, they made lots of headlines, but not all were good. Neither serves as a wonderful role model for others. However, since both have gone from this life, I can only hope that the media gives them their fifteen minutes of fame and moves on to the next media annointed icon of our days. I do think this country is in trouble if these persons are our heroes. We need more John Adams types for our heroes. Happy travels.

1 comment:

C and J said...

And, "Don't forget the ladies, John!" Love ya, Sweetie!