Friday, August 14, 2009

Pay it forward

Pay it forward is a wonderful concept, I think. Most of you know that it means that when or if someone does something nice and usually unexpected for you, that you do not return the favor but do something nice for someone else. It also brings to my mind the bumper sticker, "Commit a random act of kindness today." I think of the kind travelers who have let me into traffic or let me turn onto another road and waited patiently for this to happen. This simple kindness makes my day.

HW2 finds that if she smiles, it can turn an unhappy customer from complaining into a reasonable one who is accepting of the information. These things are simple in concept and can create much good will in others. So, if you get the chance, pay it forward, commit a random act of kindness and/or smile. You may never know what happiness you have created, but I can guarantee the this world is better for your contribution. Happy travels.

1 comment:

C and J said...

And, you were so thoughtful to do just that for someone this week! It was so appreciated by her, and I appreciated your thoughtfulness on her behalf! Love you, Sweetie!