Friday, February 26, 2010

Maybe I will take up muttering

I was talking with my friend Vern today and he told me about a friend of his who mutters. Apparently he started it when he was about 50 and now twenty years later has perfected the art of muttering. No one understands him and it is quite unclear whether he is sliding into dementia since he simply mutters and gets away with it. This could be the answer I have been seeking. Here I do Sudoku puzzles daily to keep my brain functioning and maybe I only have to start muttering. My friend Roy does not mutter but he does talk quickly and when the Oklahoma accent kicks in, it begins to sound like muttering. I have to listen quite carefully to be sure what exactly Roy is telling me. I have to really give muttering some serious consideration. Happy travels.

No comments: