Saturday, May 21, 2011

The waiting game

We seem to be in a waiting mode. This coming week, Foxy gets surgery for shoulder replacement. It is hurting her most of the time and difficult to get to sleep at night so she is waiting to get it over with. The real problem will be to keep her quiet once it is completed and let the shoulder begin to heal.

I am waiting for June 2 so that I can visit the eye doctor for a checkup on my right eye and find out if the left eye cataract now qualifies for lens replacement. It is quite different to be able to see clearly out of one eye and not the other. I have given up wearing my prescription glasses and now sport sunglasses when outside and reading glasses when doing that activity. Most of the time I do not need to wear either of these glasses.

I will become the caregiver when Foxy is in the shoulder recuperation stage. I have been threatening her with fast food. This means KFC, pizza, KFC, pizza. You get the idea. She is not excited about such a prospect since she does not want to gain any weight. Sigh! So no KFC or pizza around here. Happy travels.

No comments: