Wednesday, March 26, 2008

E-Mail and Connections

When I first heard about email I vaguely wondered why anyone would want to keep in touch with others electronically. It seemed to me to be one more thing to catch your attention but not in a good way necessarily. I guess I have done a 180 degree turn since I now feel sorry for those who do not use email. It is such a neat quick way to stay connected with friends and family. Instant searches are seductive and yet when you want to know some fact like is Amy Carter married, you can quickly get the information and then be relieved that you now have the latest. HW2 and I are forever talking about who was in this or that movie and we get this information with a few strokes on the key board.

Best of all for me, has been the chance to write in my blog almost on a daily basis. I get to comment on the passing scene and maybe write about things that happened years ago. I particularly enjoy the comments I get back as I genuinely enjoy the ongoing interactions. As I read other blogs, I feel that we have had great in depth conversations on important things as well as trivia. In the process I feel that I come to know another person just a bit more but in meaningful ways.

When you add the SKYPE process then you get to talk and see the other person where ever in the world they might be. We have had fun conversations with Beth and Harold in Australia and Kristy when she was visiting China. We hope as we travel to continue to be able to visit in real time with our fellow travelers, friends, and family.

What is also great fun is that you never know who might be reading your blog and what ideas will be triggered as a result. I encourage all who read this or other blogs to start your own and enjoy the adventure.

No comments: