Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

I love Thanksgiving. It is a time when families and friends get together and share a sumptuous meal, talk non stop, stuff themselves and wonder later why they ate so much. Then in the evening you raid the carcass of the turkey and eat some more. You should not get back on a weight scale for several days. Are there parts of the meal that you really look forward to? I love the turkey and gravy, stuffing with lots of gravy, cranberry sauce, breads, pickles and other condiments, and the pies at the end. Every year I promise myself that I will take small portions and only eat a little of each favorite dish. Somehow a little of each favorite dish becomes too much and I generally stuff myself and later wish I had better control.

Really this day is a day for this whole country to give thanks for our many blessings. I give thanks for my wonderful spouse HW2 and all our kids, their spouses and grand kids too. We have many long time buddies and new friends but I treasure each friendship.

We have been blessed with many years of living, generally good health and a wonderful retirement that has lasted for these past twelve years. We have been able to travel here and abroad and gradually learned that we travel where the Spirit leads us and look forward to our next adventures and opportunities. We are not in charge although we like to delude ourselves in thinking so. Our remaining days on earth are to give help and support where we can to others in need.

I particularly wish to thank you the reader for reading this ongoing blog and for your generous comments. This has been a delightful undertaking and is always a work in progress. Happy travels and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

1 comment:

C and J said...

And, I, my love, am ever so thankful for you! Thank you for the many blessings! XOXOXO, Miss J.