Sunday, November 30, 2008

Equipment problems

I have had my glass grinder for many years, at least twenty and it finally died. It was leaking water into the motor and that could have been very dangerous, so it had to be replaced. Then to add to this, the glass saw has a rotary metal band that is covered in diamond dust and it broke. Yesterday we made a quick trip to San Antonio to get the band replaced. In the process of replacing the band, I learned that the spring that creates tension in the drive mechanism was missing. So, with new parts and equipment I continued working on my latest glass piece. It is now cut out, ground and washed and waiting for the next step which is copper foiling each of the edges of the more than 300 pieces. I hope to get started on that today after church.

To add a bit to this griping, we have had very inconsiderate neighbors behind us. Quiet time is supposed to begin at ten in the evening. Their first night they finally quit talking about 2:30 am and only turned their music off after we went over and asked them to do so. Another evening we again asked them to quiet down and they got very rude. Last night we got the park management involved and hopefully this will do the trick. This is the first time that we have had this kind of problem regardless of where we might be staying. I do not understand rudeness or lack of consideration for others.

On a happier note, the weather here has been delightful. It has been cold at night and warms in the daytime to the high 60's or mid 70's. It has been nice enough that I can work outside on my projects. Happy travels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The temperature at 7:30 this morning is 25 degrees with a wind chill of zero!!! I think winter has moved in and taken over in the midlands.

sperlonga said...

I did have a long walk outside on Friday in just a sweatshirt, so we really can't complain. I wouldn't MIND 70's though. :)