Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Monday

Today we walked, had breakfast, and I continued to work on the latest piece of stained glass. I was in the copper foiling part and finished that in the late morning. Left - overs for lunch and quickly back to work now doing the soldering. That took most of the afternoon. Both sides of the glass were finished by 5:30. That made this a happy Monday, for sure. In the middle of the work, I took a completed cross to the next door neighbors. and now they want to pick out another cross and have me make that for them. The first one is to be a gift for a friend of theirs.

One of our good friends who works at the Sunrise Antique Mall is Frances, and she and her husband are about to celebrate their thirtieth anniversary this coming weekend, and I want to make a stained glass window for them. Frances and I tease each other as to which of us is the oldest. Actually she is a month and a half older, if the truth was to be known. Her son Bobby and wife Vicky own and run the mall. I am glad that the commissioned piece is about finished so that I can get to work on these new pieces. This glass business sure keeps me busy.

HW2 has worked on the computer and more sewing for Christmas presents and has been as busy as I have been. We keep being very industrious here.

The other happy Monday news is that HW2 is down another pound, and I am down two pounds. So far I have lost seven pounds and am about half way to my goal of fifteen pounds. The pants fit better, and that is positive reinforcement. Happy travels.

No comments: