Thursday, December 18, 2008

A series of Poppy windows


I have finished and delivered the first of four windows that are to be of Icelandic Poppies. The windows are in a line but separated by wood panels. I have them planned to be apparently connected by a vine that has poppies hanging off it. The poppies are of different colors and in various stages of opening their blooms. I have never done such a panel or of such a degree of difficulty. Icelandic poppies have leaves with many curves and of course this is not easy to do in glass. The background glass has to have the same curves to insert the leaves when they are finished. Both pieces have to be copper foiled on their edges which is a challenge as well. This is probably the second hardest piece that I have ever tried to do, and I am enjoying the challenge. Now, three more windows to go to finish the series. I asked HW2 to insert a picture of the first one so you can see what I am working on. Happy travels.

1 comment:

K said...

"ooooooh!"
We love the poppies!