Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The new window is in


Yesterday I finished the window for Sandy and Ed, and in the afternoon we took it out to their ranch and installed it for them. It really looks nice at the end of the hall and should show well with the morning light. Now they have decided to have me make six to eight more windows. There will be some significant challenges because of the special beveled glass that will have to be found or ordered, as they want two of the windows to match side panels of their front door. The others are series of four windows or two windows. I think I have my work cut out for me and this should keep me busy the rest of the winter.

After we got the window installed, we four sat down and just visited. Ed suggested a bit of scotch, and that helped the conversation flow. As we left the ranch, we counted two herds of deer. What lovely people and such a beautiful ranch by the river. Now I can also work on a panel for our friend Francis and some more window decorations for the Sunrise Antique Mall. I think I will keep busy. Happy travels.