Saturday, October 17, 2009

Furthur Progress

Yesterday I went to the estate sale and escaped with no purchases. It was a nice sale with lots of wood carvings and stained glass lamps among other stuff. I resisted. They did have a lovely Amethyst geode that supported a glass top and could be used for a coffee table. The $1750 price tag seemed right since the geode was 3-4 feet in diameter. I resisted again. Then on to Wally World, or Walmart if you prefer, for groceries, red spray paint, and a thermometer for HW2. She is feeling better today. Maybe the fever has gone for good.

At home I mowed our grassy plot, did the laundry, and then went back to the maintenance shop to finish painting our red wagon, and it looks quite cute being hauled behind a golf cart. One of the guys said, "It is too pretty to use." Then I continued to work on the band saw and this time finished the project. It now tracks appropriately and presumably will cut wood as needed. It did not come apart. I felt quite good to get the darn thing working again. Finally, a long nap was enjoyed, and then we made hamburgers for dinner with all the fixings. Happy travels.

No comments: