Thursday, October 8, 2009

I get back on the Grasshopper mower

If you fall off a horse, get back on. Well, I did not fall off the Grasshopper, but I did get it mired in the edge of our river and had to get winched out by a tow truck. You can read the earlier story about Pride goeth.......

I had to get back on the Grasshopper and begin to rebuild my tattered reputation. There have been lots of smiles at my expense, which I have tried to enjoy as well. So I got on the machine and headed back down to the flat land next to the river. As I mowed back and forth, I gradually began to feel comfortable enough with it to try again to mow along the edge of the river. I have to admit that at the end of this pass, I was hanging onto the handles tightly. However, I did manage to mow the edge without incident. Yeah!

Later in the day I even mowed down rather steep hills. It did not cut very well, although going slowly, it did work. Finally I began to run out of diesel and shut down the machine for the day until we could get more gas. A few more hours and I will have this machine figured out. Happy travels.

No comments: