Monday, October 19, 2009

Roy is back

Roy and his wife Laura took a month long vacation in Oklahoma, which is where they are from originally. Roy is 75, and now I am no longer the oldest work camper here again. He gets called 'paw paw' by many of us, in fun generally, but it also denotes respect for his age, too. He got a cold and fought it the entire time they were away. Roy loves to mow and use the grasshopper to do this activity. Wait until he learns about my adventure with the grasshopper when I slid it into the river and had to be winched out by a tow truck. I am in for much kidding.

We have also cleaned up the shop and inventoried much of the equipment during this past month. We also tossed away lots of stuff that is no longer of use. Other stuff was taken off site to storage as well. Roy is a saver or collector, and this will hurt him to his core. I expect that he may well rant and rave over what was done. Oh well, the boss said to do it. Roy also takes care of our golf carts, and I took this job over while he was gone but did not do it nearly as thoroughly as he does. I am so glad to have him back and to be able to continue to work and learn from this fount of knowledge. Glad you are back, Roy and Laura. Happy travels.

No comments: