Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Wazoo Family

The other day a motor home pulled in to our resort and it had 'The Wazuu Family' boldly printed on both sides of the unit. Several of us worker bees were in the office at the time when the sign was noticed, and we waited with anticipation as this family checked in. The more we thought about the name, the funnier it became. Dianna thought it might be the name of a musical instrument. I commented, "That is a Kazoo." The people came in and began the check-in process. When HW2 got to, "Your last name," I thought we were going to all fall on the floor with laughter. He responded, "Sands." We swallowed our laughter and stared. Then he asked, meaning his motor home, "Where do you want me to put it?" I had to leave the office.

I got to lead Mr. Sands to his site. The betting in the office was whether I would or would not ask about his sign. Of course I asked about the sign on his motor coach and found out the rest of the story. They come from central Washington State, and the local university is Western Washington State or something like that and their nickname is, you guessed it, 'The Wazuus.' Being loyal fans who attend every game, they view themselves as members of the Wazuu Family. Happy travels.

No comments: