Friday, October 16, 2009

HW2 has the flu

Sadly, for her, HW2 came down with the flu on Saturday. So on Sunday, no church for us, and she did not go into work this week either. Other work campers filled in for her, and some even brought by soup to make her better. I made homemade chicken soup with garlic, onions, rice, carrots, celery and chicken, of course, which lasted for two meals. I call this Jewish penicillin. Yesterday I cooked steak ,and we had big salads to go with it and ate outside. This was the first meal that she has really enjoyed, so her appetite is gradually coming back.

We really do not know exactly what type of flu this is. She has had chills and fever, no energy, and sleeping a lot, but not the stomach upset variety. So maybe it is the regular flu, or maybe it is swine flu. Who knows? I just hope that she keeps getting better.

Yesterday she was suffering from cabin fever. I had some errands to run and suggested that she come along but stay in the car while I did my errands. She did that, and when we returned home, was again tired and took a brief nap.

Today there is a good estate sale, as well as an arts and craft show at the fair grounds. HW2 will not be going as she is still probably infectious, but I may have to go in her place to at least the estate sale. Happy travels.

No comments: