Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Friendship

I treasure my family and firends. Recently Foxy and I have been dealing with a serious medical matter and have shared details with them. My family is inclined to not share personal stuff, certainly not any medical matter. When there was sharing it was under the caution of not to be told to anyone else. Somehow I feel that it is better to be open and honest, not that I am into blabbing all over the place. In any event I have decided to share recent developments.

The response has been wonderful and so supportive. We have received many phone calls and lots of emails and the kindness and thoughtfulness has been terrific. As I progress throught the medical system I am so pleased that we chose to stay here in Kerrville. The support we have received has been gratifying. The fact that the doctor involved operates from a faith base is especially important to me.

I have prostate cancer and tomorrow will undergo a C T scan to see if there is any further involvement of the disease. Next Monday we meet with the doctor to discuss the results and next steps. He is very positive and feels that, "We will win this!" I like his attitude. Best of all I am keeping positive thanks to Foxy's support and the outpouring of prayers and love. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Happy travels.

1 comment:

joan s s said...

Now you'll know who reads EVERY day! I was catching up today and read your news. Thinking of you, and I agree, YOU WILL WIN THIS!!