Monday, October 25, 2010

Rainy Monday

It is rainy off and on here today and last night, too. I like to stay in bed on rainy days and just listen to the rain fall on our roof. Today I managed to stay all warm and snugly until 7:30, a late start for me. Lovely! Arthur will be home this afternoon, and we will see how his brother is doing. He has Debby clean and take care of his house several times each week, and she let us know that her dad had passed away. She is very upset and rightly so, but was fortunate enough to visit with him a few weeks ago. In time she will remember that visit more than her recent sadness.

I guess it is back to the next stained glass pattern. Yesterday I got it on paper, the pattern cut out, and pieces glued onto glass. Now comes the cutting and grinding. I am in no hurry since my soldering iron finally quit after 5-6 years of good work and 3-400 pieces. I kept track of how many pieces I made for quite awhile but not now. I only make something when the spirit moves me. I think at my age I leave many things up to the spirit and can only hope it keeps me moving.

Miss Duffy, the house cat has been taken care of by us and Debby while Arthur was away. At first she was quite standoffish but then decided to let us pet her each evening. Even Foxy would pet her, and she does not like cats. What was delightful was arriving back in the coach and to watch the expression on Max's face as he could smell that we had been petting the cat. "How could you betray me with that cat?" he seemed to say. Then he climbed up on my lap for some petting of his own and a chance to watch television. He likes the commercials and the ladies. Max has good taste when it comes to the ladies. Happy travels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I THOUGHT WE HAD THE ONLY "DUFFY"...THATS FUNNY...CAN YOU SEND ME YOUR EMAIL, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE WITH YOU'LL..THANKS, ROBERT
KATY@KTC.COM

C and J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C and J said...

Robert, we tried to contact you, but the email address did not work. You can email us at candj(last name)@aol.com. Thanks!