Sunday, October 31, 2010

Time change?

Did you fall back? Daylight savings time came to an end for another year last night and supposedly we get an extra hour of sleep, unless you have a dog. At the usual time Max needed to go out, so I got up and took him out. At this point I was so confused as to the time that we just went. He did his sniffing act and liked one spot so much that I decided he would or could sniff all of the way to China. I do get tired waiting for him to make up his mind, assuming he has a mind, and find the perfect spot to do his business.

Time zones and twice a year time changes mess me up, and then I can't remember whether an adjacent time zone is ahead or behind us. I have called people in another time zone and gotten them out of bed when I thought they should be already up. So much for my clarity of thinking, I do think, I think. One time after a time change, I went to church and met everyone coming out. I commented to the minister that it was the best sermon I ever heard.

It takes me about a week or two to readjust sleeping patterns. When I was earning a living, or working, to use a popular term, I had to get up quite early to be at work on time. Thirty plus years of this activity has enabled me to get up early to this day. Why bother with time changes when you can be up at five. I do get the paper read during this time, unless the dog needs to go out again. It is a great time in which to do sudoku too. Now if I could only figure out what time it is today.

Foxy just got up, and I mentioned that I had changed the clock on the microwave, and we both checked computers to learn that this all happens next weekend, not now. Do you think I was confused before? I think I will blame this time confusion on Debby. After all she is the one who told us that the time change happened today. Happy travels.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hahahaha! I was ready to call you up and let you know that you're a week early, Chuck ... til I got to the end of your blog and found out you realized it's November 7. Happy Halloween, you two!!

joan s s said...

i was worried, too! makes me think of a time change night a few years back Todd and a friend went out for a few drinks, i couldn't get a straight story about what went on or at what time! "When did you come home?" "Old time or new time?" and so on!