Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stained Glass is developing

Once we picked out a pattern for the stained glass design and measured the window so that it would fit, I spent a day with the design and then cut out the pattern, glued the pattern to glass. Then comes the cutting of the glass followed by grinding and cutting the glass until each piece fits its pattern. Today the grinding finally was finished, and we began the Tiffany-developed process called copper foiling. Each piece must be encased in copper foil and then fit into the design. Finally comes the soldering, which we hope to get to tomorrow. To get the foiling completed, we all participated. Arthur has been involved throughout and to finish this evening, Foxy helped as well. Truly a group effort.

Tonight Arthur is throwing a poker party, and I can only hope that I can remember which hand wins over another. My luck at cards is not too high, but I will be a good sport and contribute my pennies to the winners. Arthur and Foxy have prepared lots of good snacks, so I have skipped dinner in anticipation. More details on the evening in the next post. Happy travels.

1 comment:

Jules said...

My dad used to write down all the hands and what beats what for me. I could never remember (probably cuz I hardly ever played). Good luck!!