Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Do you Sudoku?

I am completely hooked on doing Sudoku on a daily basis. It all Marlene's fault. She loves doing it and got me into it, as well. When we visit her and Jerry, it is a race to see who gets the morning paper and the Sudoku puzzle of the day. In her defense she frequently lets me win the race. Not too long ago she told me that she had moved on by trying to complete each puzzle without writing potential numbers in the empty boxes. Now that is not an easy task. I am tempted to reply in the style of Forrest Gump and with the appropriate drawl, "My momma always told me to put the numbers in the box, Forrest. You need all the help you can get." I did take up Marlene's challenge and will try the easy puzzles without putting any trial numbers in the box, but old habits die hard, and usually I am back to writing down the possibilities in the boxes.

HW2 gets me a Sudoku calender each Christmas which also has a daily puzzle. This year it has colored sections and the boxes are big enough to get lots of potential numbers in the empty boxes. I like this new version. We also get the local and San Antonio papers, and I usually get to do their puzzles as well. So in the mode of good friend Arthur, "Keep practicing." Happy Sudokuing!!!!!

No comments: