Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hints of spring here

We have had wonderful weather here for the last few days. It has been sunny and cool in the mornings but warming up during the day. This means layering clothing and gradually taking off the coat and top layers. Yesterday the day dawned as usual, but by mid-day a front came through, and it turned windy and a bit cooler. I have been getting the mowers up to speed and mowed a bit here and there as the grass has started to return in a few places and needed trimming. I really like to mow, and so this is something to look forward to for me. Yesterday I tried to start up the grasshopper, but the battery was dead after sitting in the shop for several months. It took a bit, but I got the battery charging, and finally that mower was ready to go, so I took it down on the flat to see if it would mulch leaves, and it did a fine job. However, it was blowing so much that the leaves kept moving around, and the whole exercise was a losing proposition. Finally I mowed the leaves in our yard with the push mower and felt that I had 3 for 3, as now all of the mowers were working again.

Today has dawned sunny and windy but another beautiful day here. HW2 is still recovering from her cold and does not want to expose folks as church, but we might go out for breakfast later on when she gets up. She needs the sleep for sure. Max and I have been up for several hours already, and I think he wants to go out again so another walk is in order. Happy travels.

1 comment:

joan s s said...

Your weather sounds good, it's raining here and our snow is melting. Hope HW2 is feeling better!