Sunday, August 12, 2007

Weddings

We all go to weddings, and most of us celebrate our own. Since weddings have been the focus of this trip, somehow I have been reflecting on various ceremonies which I have been privileged to attend. When our daughters were married, they were given away by their dad, which is appropriate but, since I am the stepdad, there was little for me to do except to be supportive. However, both girls involved me and their mom in picking out their wedding dresses. I think they knew that I would like whatever was picked out, and of course, I did. Other than that, I just hung around and smiled. When friends Cal and Susan were married in our back yard, I helped clean out the house so we could hold a reception after the event. I did get to put in an arbor in the site where the couple was married. I hope the arbor is still there. Between the arbor and the flowers in the garden, the setting was very nice. It must have been a good wedding, as they are happy to this day.

When our close friend Phyllis married Pat, we were invited, and we returned from France just in time to attend and be a part of that wonderful wedding. I even was privileged to say a few words on behalf of the bride and groom. I also made them a stained glass window with their initials intertwined, and that is the picture added today. They were happy weddings, all. If you are like HW2, you are very sentimental and will probably cry at weddings, which adds to the enjoyment. We are looking forward to another happy wedding today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll cry just reading it and seeing the new glass! Can't wait to see you!

sperlonga said...

I'm missing your blogs...