Thursday, January 22, 2009

Great Coffee Smell

Hollis and Byron walked over for coffee after we had been playing dime bingo. Hollis came up into the motor home and said, "What a great coffee smell, I love it, what kind of coffee is it?" How we laughed and then had to explain. Just prior to their coming over, HW2 was making the coffee, and I was outside with the puppy, Max, when she hollered. I stuck my head inside the door to see HW2 covered with coffee grounds from head to foot, looking like a cast member of a minstrel show. She really was quite a sight. "How did you manage to do that," I asked. Trying not to laugh, "What can I do to help you?" Then I rolled up our large kitchen rug and took it outside to shake the coffee grounds off, and HW2 followed me outside to do the same for herself. She had coffee grounds on her face, in her hair, and all over her clothes.

It seems that when she took down the can of decaffeinated coffee, the top came off of the can, and you have now heard what happened next. She got cleaned up and clothes changed. I shook out the rug and then after putting it back on the floor, got out the vacuum cleaner and gave the rug a final going over. So when Hollis entered, no wonder she encountered the smell of coffee. It had been everywhere. Of course we had to entertain Hollis with our recent adventure.

If you would like to come over for a cup of coffee we will try not to entertain you in exactly the same way. HW2 was a sight for sore eyes, and the next day in the shower she was still finding remnants of coffee. Strangely enough, you can still find coffee grounds outside, too. You might be able to find our parking spot by just looking for that lovely coffee odor. Happy travels.

No comments: