Friday, June 25, 2010

It is hard to be 71 and feel like a toddler

It really is hard to be 71 and yet feel like a toddler. I walk quite slowly and am not as steady on my feet as I would like. I manage but actually have to pay attention to my walking. This will take time, and if I work at it each day, it will get better I am sure.

Now you know about toddlers. They frequently have a warm feeling, and when you get a bit too close or decide to hug them, they can share their warm feeling with you. I was never very happy with the toddler stage in my kids and glad when they finally grew out of it. Maybe this is advice I give to you about me at the moment. Don't get too close, and for heavens sake don't hug. I would hate to share my warm feeling with any of you. This may well prove to be the most trying part of recuperation. I have to get my friends who have had similar problems to share how long this takes. Dwayne and Ken, we need to talk. Happy travels.

1 comment:

joan s s said...

I'm so glad all the reports are good. Now to get past this hurdle! Try to be patient, do a little more walking each day. It will take time.