Monday, June 28, 2010

Walking

I am trying to walk a bit more each day. Today I made it around two of the three sections of this park. I walk slowly but this gives me time to look about and try not to fall. The cane helps and Max does not. We are a bit overcast this morning and I am hoping for rain. It is dry right now and we could use some. As I walk about I wonder what could make me more steady and to go a bit faster. I believe the answer is time, time, time.

It is such a good thing that we stayed put this summer and did not go to Colorado as planned. Our support system is surely in place here. On Sunday several friends inquired about progress and the head usher wanted to know if we could usher next Sunday. We shall certainly try to do so. John, our head pastor, was kind enough to inquire about progress as well. Between church members, friends in the community and friends in the park, who could ask for more. I thank my lucky stars for all the support and for the continuing progress back to health.

On the 'warm feeling' front, things are improving unless one sneezes, coughs, laughs, stands too quickly, and items like that. I know, TMI. I just had to let you know. In time, this too will get better. In the meantime, thank goodness for pull-ups. Happy travels.

No comments: