Monday, June 21, 2010

A quiet Sunday

We managed to go to church, and both really wanted to do this. Eric was giving the lesson and sermon on a difficult topic of 'Legion', the bad spirits inhabiting a man and his cleansing of them. Eric did a good job, and we thoroughly enjoyed being there. We miss this service when we have to work. Reportedly there is a new work schedule coming out, and we hope that we continue to have Sundays off.

Foxy fixed chicken salad for lunch, and then I had a nap. Wonderful institution, the nap. I got up refreshed and then enjoyed several phone calls from kids and grands. It was so nice to be able to talk with them even when I cannot understand the conversation. I don't hear as well as I used to do, and high voices are exceedingly difficult to sort out. A young girl read the Bible in the early part of the service today. It was nice to have a young person take part in the service, but I had no idea what she said. Of course, I could have looked up the passage in the pew Bible and read along. Didn't do that.

For dinner we had fresh corn roasted on the grill, home grown tomatoes, and hamburgers. Just lovely. For the evening we watched a four hour movie (lots of ads) The Phantom. It was on the SciFi channel, which was a good choice, since the movie was fantasy at best. A lovely quiet day. Happy travels.

No comments: