Sunday, July 11, 2010

People who impact your life

For some reason this evening I have been thinking of the many people that have impacted my life. Some have been relatives and others a more fleeting contact. My parents certainly had a significant impact on my life. First of all they were my parents. They tried their best to set a good example and applied the necessary discipline when it was needed to get me back on the right track. I could not ask for better examples and the excellent guidance they provided. Some provided unconditional love, like Aunt Florence. She always left you in a better mood and usually had you laughing. She was fun to be around, and you knew that she loved you warts and all. What a splendid teacher she was. I always wanted to have been a child in her classroom.

Aunt Florence's father Sheldon inspired awe in his great grandchildren, of which I was one. He grew a beard in the winter and always seemed to me to be the incarnation of God. That inspired me to try to be real good in his presence. I never questioned anything he said to me.

I think that I will continue with this in future commentary. I wonder if you the reader think about the people that have influenced you and how that impacted what you have become. Happy travels.

No comments: