Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wine is the word

This morning the word in the web was 'Wine." Now Gracie liked her glass or more of red wine and was not particularly careful as to type. One time when I looked in her refrigerator, I found it largely empty except for a gallon jug of Gallo red table wine. When Gracie was out of wine, she would call up a granddaughter, and when they answered would say, "Wine." or "I am out of wine and need you to go to the store and get me some more." Then whoever received this distress call had to get in her car, go get the wine and take it to Gracie.

Does the message on the web suggest that we need to go to the store and get her some red wine, or does it mean that Gracie lucked out in the afterlife to discover that she could still get her wine? I like to think that there is wine available for those who pass on, but actually I would myself prefer some Scotch. I will keep that nice thought in mind. Happy travels.

No comments: