Friday, July 16, 2010

Survival

The work week flew by, and here it is Friday. The mornings were filled with the usual things to do around here, and I ran numbers on two days, mowed on two, did the ice thing on several, which means either bagging ice for sale or taking the bagged ice up to the front from where we store it. I then did some light repairs that needed doing, and the week flew by and from my perspective went well. The other guys watched out for me and would not let me do anything involving heavy lifting or weed whacking.

Now there is a new schedule out, and both Foxy and I are working three days but still half days for me. Don is watching out for me, too. What a great place to work. Today we expect to check out an estate sale or two. We may no longer have an antique business, but we love to go to the sales and occasionally have to get one thing or another. We are looking for folding chairs to go with the kitchen table being built by Rian, which should arrive soon. Anything else we find is just gravy.

This summer has been wonderful weather wise. It has rained just often enough to keep the place green and beautiful. Currently the Crepe Myrtle bushes are in full flower and beautiful. Best of all, the temperature quickly drops in the evening so that you can enjoy being outside. Last summer it was so hot that you could not comfortably be outside even in the evening. Three months of continuing over 100 degrees was tough. We have only gotten into the low 90's this year. I only hope it stays that way. Happy travels.

No comments: