Friday, August 20, 2010

Eat pray and love

Yesterday we went to see the Julia Roberts movie, 'Eat, Pray, Love.' It was all right, I guess. it was not exactly the type of movie I enjoy. I did enjoy some of the scenery in Rome. I also liked the line, "You must learn to first forgive yourself." We all do things that later we are sorry happened. So the idea of forgiving yourself for past transgressions is a good idea. I will not make a list of things that I forgive myself for since it would be quite long. I do believe in letting go of a hurt and letting go of things that are beyond my control.

If you want to see Julia eat, you will enjoy the first part of the movie. If you are intrigued by India or gurus or meditation, then you will enjoy part two. The third part of her journey was in Bali, and I guess that was where she experienced love. He was not my type. The soulful eyes didn't compensate for the rest of her love mate. It is a chick flick and definitely needs more action than a near miss between bicycle and car. Jason Bourne, where were you? Happy travels. P.S. The expensive popcorn was acceptable.

1 comment:

Jules said...

I wanna see it ... but I'm sure there is no way Ron would go. You are a GREAT guy to go along with Jude!!!