Monday, August 9, 2010

Neighbors good example

Ron and Paula are neighbors of ours in every sense of the word. We don't intrude on each other but do look out for each other and enjoy the company. The other day I was talking with Ron, who had just returned after picking up Paula from her visit with family. He mentioned that he did not get out much while she was gone but did get to the swimming pool for his daily exercise. Best of all, he had lost twenty pounds this past month since starting this exercise regimen.

What is commendable about all of this is how Ron and Paula have taken charge of their lives and worked out an exercise routine and also have begun to change eating habits. My real point is that each of us need to do exactly what they are doing. We are in charge of our lives, and if we want to make change,s we need to think it through and go for it. During the past year I have lost 30 pounds with the hardest part, keeping it off. I feel so much better and think it was helpful when I had to go through cancer surgery several months ago.

Foxy works hard to keep me on a reasonable diet and eating in a healthy way. We do allow for the occasional splurge and enjoy eating out. You can not keep at it all of the time. We are encouraged by our neighbors' fine example, and maybe I should set a goal to lose five more pounds. If I get down to 175 pounds and stay there, I will keep you posted. Happy travels.

No comments: