Thursday, August 19, 2010

Reflections on blogging

Long before blogging, for me there was letter writing, good conversation with others, and a daily diary started when I retired. It has been fourteen years since that retirement, and I must say that those years have flown by. When I was introduced to the idea of blogging by Rachael and Kristy, I thought I might try this media, little thinking about topics or who might read my musings. I quickly gave up the diary and have thoroughly enjoyed the blogging process although the problem of thinking of something to write about has been a challenge now and then. I do find that commentary on daily happenings is fun, if not always exciting for the reader.

Knowing that someone might read the blog does cause some editing on thoughts and comments that did not happen when I was doing the diary. I do not want to offend by inappropriate thoughts or cussing. I have not missed that and am sure if I were to reread my diaries that I did not do much of that there either.

I really like to learn and comment on funny things about the human condition and hope that at my funeral only funny stories will be related. I only wish that I could write about funny things in each contribution but that seems like an impossible goal. Not everything commented on can be funny.

To those of you who read and comment on this blog, I thank you. You have enriched my life. Hang in there, as I may think of something funny to comment on. Happy travels.

No comments: