Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Five Things To Laugh About Me

Daughter Kristy did a blog on five things her children laugh about her. There is a link to her blog on this page, so use it and see the funny things she relates. I tried to decide whether I might relate five things that people laugh about me, and it seems hard to come up with five things. But, I am going to try. (1) They laugh at how un-mechanical I am and have always been. I do prefer to hire out car repairs and the like. (2) My sister-in-law laughs at the BIG words I use. They just pop out and are mostly correctly used. I think it comes from reading, reading, reading. (3) My mom and wife both laugh at my inability to spell. This blogging program has a spell check, and I use it constantly and then HW2 goes over the blog for spelling and punctuation, correcting all with her English Teacher Eyes. (4) I think that some folks laugh more at my joke telling rather than the joke being told. I tend to want to quickly get to the punch line and to heck with all of the details of the joke. (5) My lack of athletic ability is true, and if folks laugh, they are right to do so.

I am sure if someone else were to write five things to laugh at me about, the list would probably be much different, but I bet it would generate a good laugh. Why not, for if you cannot laugh at yourself, then you are a mess and need to lighten up. Have a good laugh even at your own expense, and I guarantee you will feel better afterwards. Laugh away!!!!!

Now could you do five other things other than being laughed at? Why not, for example: favorite cities, restaurants, best friends, books read, favorite songs and the list goes on and on Maybe I will add some of these to this blog. Happy reading!

No comments: