Friday, February 22, 2008

Serious Shocks

This afternoon the phone rang, and I managed to answer it, only to learn from a worker bee at our travel agency in Boston that a mistake had been made on one of our credit cards. Instead of putting a charge for $3,400 on our card, they had charged us $34,000. Further, it was snowing so badly in Boston, the home of this agency, that they could not correct the mistake until NEXT MONDAY!!!!! I was left speechless, since my mouth was open and nothing was coming out. The lady at the travel agency asked, "Are you still there?" I managed to say, "Yes."

She allowed that if I would get out my credit card and read her the phone number on the back of the card that we could manage a conference call with the credit card people. I quickly gave her the number and got put on hold listening to faint elevator style music. I did not panic but felt several heart attacks coming on. After all, why was my credit card even considering such a large addition that would put the card WAY OVER THE LIMIT, I MIGHT ADD.

We began the conference call with me listening to two ladies talking about what to do. It had been posted, pending something, maybe sainthood for me, which seems quite unlikely at this point. The ladies worked it out, and I finally got a chance to ask about the interest on the $34,000 over the weekend and was assurred that since it was pending, interest could not yet begin. WHEW!

The Boston agency lady assured me that they would recind the charge on Monday, and until all was cleared, they would not enter the correct charge. Ambulances and firetrucks left the area, pleased that I was not having a heart attack after all.

We only wanted to take a little trip and had paid most of the bill up front and put on this charge card any remaining balance. Whew! Jumpstart the pacemaker!!! We will see how Monday works out and wait for the call confirming that all has been corrected. Happy travels all!!!!

No comments: