Friday, February 1, 2008

High Wind

I mentioned in my previous blog that a high wind could put my sales tax work in serious trouble since it could blow my receipts to kingdom come, and there goes that deduction. We have been having high gusty wiinds for several days now, but I put a good rubber band around my sales tax receipts, and although the motor home has been shaken a bit, so far my receipts are safe.

The wind has raised considerable dust and a very high cedar pollen count (which is causing HW2 much misery), and raised the fire danger level to extreme. We are under a no burn order for much of this part of Texas which means no barbequing outside, among other restraints. There were several fires here and smoke in the air as well yesterday. I think this area is in serious need of rain. Jennifer, our tv weather girl, says that the winds will die down for the weekend, but there is no rain in the forecast. Jennifer is as good as Jim Flowers in Omaha, so we believe much of what she relates to us.

Right now it is cold and we will have to bundle up for our morning walk but no wind till noon. I guess I had better end this report and get my walking shoes on. Happy travels!

No comments: