Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day arrives this week. Are you prepared? Have you put up your Valentine's Day tree and decorated it? Are the presents all wrapped? Have you decided the menu for the meal? Did you get the outside lights up? They have some real nice lights in pinks and reds in heart shapes that really set off your decorations that can be bought at WallMart for $1.00 a strand and made in China, of course.

Every holiday that comes along gets these questions from HW2, tongue in cheek naturally. It does seem that commercials are designed to get you to spend spend spend for each and every holiday. I particularly like this holiday since it is also my birthday. When I was young, it frequently meant heart-shaped birthday cakes with pink frosting. I got tired of them. My favorite cake is layered brownies with frosting, of course. But best of all, I can share the day with my sweetie and give her trinkets and cards that spell out how we feel about each other. Now, that is fun.

This year we are going to a dinner dance here at our RV park. Last year they had about 400 people in attendance and had prime rib and a great time dancing. It should be fun, and we are looking foward to the evening. I am thinking that cowboy boots, hat, and levis are in order for the evening, and maybe I can get up the courage to try the cowboy two step. I will let you know how it all turns out.

Our niece Linda helps out her sister Emily and her family in their flower shop as this is a very busy holiday in the flower business. They are always glad for another pair of helping hands. So I hope you have a gift for your sweetie and maybe flowers and thoroughly enjoy Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

K said...

and a happy birthday, too.
:-)