Thursday, February 28, 2008

How Are WE Today??

We stopped at the Red Lobster for lunch in Wichita, Kansas, today to be met by our waitress Grace. She started off with, "How are WE today?" This WE business happens to be a pet peeve of mine, and I replied, "I don't know about you but I am .........." Then I explained how often one hears the WE business in nursing homes, and it again sounds to me like the care giver is taking care of a second class citizen. Ms. Grace said she thinks she does it because she is a mom and has small children and talks like that to them. The meal was good, and we left on a good note with Grace, but I wonder how the WE thing strikes you, the reader, and would love to hear what you think. Am I being too touchy?

To add to our woes with the motor home, we stopped in Wichita at an RV dealership to have them check out the slides, and, of course, they worked this time. Onward we went, to have a warning light come on the dashboard signaling low water and found a Freightliner shop here in Wichita, who will start this evening to look into our problem. It could be a bad engine seal or some system is putting air into the cooling system. It all sounds expensive. We have checked into a motel nearby after walking in a mall and have settled down to wait a phone call on the MH. Hopefully, we can be on our way tomorrow. Happy travels, WE have been better!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can deal with the "we," although it annoys me greatly. When it comes to wait people, I can't stand being called the following: Honey, Sweetheart, AND Dear. "Dear" is usually delivered in loud voice as if I am really old or a child, and deaf.

When did being older mean you were dumber rather than smarter? I'm much smarter than I was at any of my previous ages. So are both of you, and we were all really smart then!

Terry