Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Defensive driving class

On Monday we quickly got going because we had to get Max at the kennel and then get ready to attend a defensive driving class here. We got to the class and discovered that it was scheduled for Tuesday, and we had written it down incorrectly on our calender. So what to do?

Out for breakfast, of course, and then we stopped at some nearby storage units and arranged to rent two for mid-March. After that we went to Verizon to get me a cell phone. When we begin work camping here in April, we thought it might be helpful if we both had cell phones. So I tried to program the darn thing and fortunately had HW2 nearby to help. I did get some of the speed dial numbers set up. The funny thing to me is that I could not find any of the words in the glossary that I though would help in this set up process. I guess I do not think in tech terms, according to the phone world. One nice feature is if it ever rings, I only have to open the phone and can start talking ,and close it to stop. No extra buttons to push there. One time we had a new cell phone, which rang and we could not figure out how to answer it. HW2 turned to me and asked, "How do you answer this thing?" I replied, "Hello!" and we have laughed about that bit of conversation ever since. Happy travels.

No comments: