Sunday, February 8, 2009

Laughter

Yesterday we went to see the "Pink Panther 2" movie with Steve Martin. We laughed throughout the movie probably because we are very familiar with these movies and hope that some of the past funny pieces will be repeated, and we were not disappointed at all. We came out of the theater still laughing and happy that we had generated so many endorphins. If you like to watch a funny movie that will give you a lift, go see this movie. Steve Martin is hysterical as Inspector Clouseau.

Yesterday on our walk we saw Vern and stopped to talk. Vern said to HW2, "Why are you always so damn happy?" Having only met Vern three times, this was a bit of a surprise, but I managed, "Because she lives with me!" "That makes sense," said Vern and after a bit more chit chat, we continued with our walk. One of HW2's long time friends from high school days once told me that she was like this in high school, and she decided after thirty years that was the way she was. Now, I have not known HW2 for thirty years, but it did not take me that long to realize that she is a happy lady most of the time and makes Pollyanna look like Sad Sack. I love this lady and would not want her to be any other way. So the real answer to you Vern is, "Some of us are fortunate enough to be able to be optimists and look for the best in others." Even if she is hurting because of her bad back, she is determined to be cheerful.

Last night when we got into bed, I asked her how her stiff neck was and if she wanted it to be rubbed. Then I said, "How come you are so damn happy?" How we laughed and laughed. Vern's comment was out of the blue but a very accurate observation. Think of all the endorphins we obtained. Happy travels.

1 comment:

C and J said...

It is true, though, that being married to and living with you DOES indeed make me happy! I am very blessed! Love you, Sweetie!