Thursday, February 5, 2009

Max grows and grows

Several of the people who live here in the Guadalupe RV Park comment that Max is growing. I finally decided to weigh him and discovered that this puppy who came to live with us weighing four pounds has gained four more pounds in less than one month. That is doubling your weight in a month. Amazing! Also amazing is that he is not getting fat. He seems to get all the exercise that he needs and as we walk in our neighborhood he bounds about to sniff, sample leaves, chew on twigs, and generally do puppy things. He has the idea of doing his business outside although more training is necessary before he can be left loose here in the motor home.

Max has certainly changed my life and the best part is that everyone we meet seems to want to pet and play with him. So I get into many conversations and meet interesting people, which if I did not have a puppy with me, might otherwise not happen. Max you are enriching my life.

We go back to see the vet for his monthly checkup this next week and we shall see what the vet thinks of all of this weight gain. I think that I had better get another bag of puppy chow so that we can make it through another week or so. Happy travels.

No comments: