Sunday, February 1, 2009

Who Is Getting Trained

I have set out to train Max. He is pretty good at doing his business outside, since I have learned to take him out when he begins to whine while in his crate. I have finally learned to quit the food and water at about 7:00 pm so that he can go out one more time and then maybe sleep through the night (The last two nights we made it through the night). Then there is going for a walk. I have to remember to take trash bags for the occasional business. Max has a mind of his own when it is taking a walk. There is so much to sniff, and it is always better to go the opposite way and to resist going the way someone else might want to go. Who is being trained? Me, I think!

Max continues to grow at a rapid pace and loves to play chase the ball, chews everything in sight, and wants to meet everyone and their dogs too. He is a delight but is also a bit of work. I have less free time to read or goof off, but that is good.

In my spare time, I have been finishing several windows for Sandy and Ed. They are almost completed and should get installed this week. Then I can begin to make a window for the new addition of the River Rock Saloon. I have even sold a few small items here in Kerrville at the Sunrise Antique Mall and in Weems Gallery in Albuquerque. I think that as I find the spare time, I will begin to make items for an arts and crafts show here in Kerrville held in May.

We have managed to go to Fredericksburg for lunch yesterday and hurried home to let Max out of his crate for a long potty break. He did well. But, we do not like to leave him too long.

Today there is a Super Bowl Party which we plan to attend but really do not care who wins since we do not follow professional football at all. We just go to party. Snacks anyone? Happy travels.

1 comment:

sperlonga said...

We've thought about how fun it would be to have a little dog. How cute he is. But after reading your blogs recently, it doesn't sound fun or cute at all!!!
Guess we'll stick with keeping ourselves trained without the help of a dog. :)